Back to chemistry page
________________________________________ Chemistry Exam Review Answers
- Circle everything that is ionic:
share, metals + nonmetals, charges,
- Covalent or Ionic? Circle the ionic
- Which type of element can make ionic and covalent
- What is covalent bonding? Define it.
- Explain why fluorine can have an ionic charge of
- Why is it that Chlorine and Fluorine behave
- _________________ What is another word for
- ________ How many valent electrons will you
find in neutral nitrogen?
- Draw all of the rings for beryllium
below. Place the correct number of electrons on each ring.
- Draw these molecules: Please show all
valent electrons. Be neat!
- _______ Which atom of a water molecule is slightly
more positive in charge?
- _______ Name an atom that makes 1 bond
- Write the formula for the missing compound below.
LiOH + HF -----> H2O
- Balance this equation:
Al + ______ CuO ------> _____ Al2O3 + _____ Cu.
- What elements make up your body?
- ______ How many atoms are in 2 C2H4?
_____ elements? ___ Molecules?
- _______________ = This metal has 3 electrons on
its 3rd ring. Its first 2 rings are complete.
- If you wanted to speed up a reaction, what would
- What do we call atoms that have more neutrons, or
fewer neutrons than normal?
- All carbon atoms must have the same number of
- An example of a lipid is _________________________________
- Glucose, a carbohydrate, has the formula:
- An atom with a positive or negative charge is
called an _______________
- What new atom will you get if a proton
is added to the nucleus of oxygen?_____
- Why can't sodium bond covalently?
- What is the formula when Al mixes with Cl?
- Identify each reaction below:
C + O2 ---> CO2 ______ CO2 ---> C + O2
- What did Dimitri Mendeleev do?
- What are the 3 subatomic particles that make up
atoms? What is the charge of each particle?
- Why doesn't helium react with other atoms?
- What makes atoms of one element different from
atoms of another element?
- What is a catalyst?